Lenovo Laptop Keyboard Not Working
The keyboard is one of the leading laptop or PC elements because every task cannot be done comfortably without it. Lenovo is an outstanding laptop product used by billions of people worldwide. Many brands have keyboards that may often cause trouble to applicants. Occasionally the laptop is working, unexpectedly, the complete keyboard goes out of control, and not every key is responding.
Defective and outdated drivers are among the major causes for which the Lenovo laptop keyboard is not working in Windows. The other leading and vital causes are Dirty keys, Interference from external keyboards, and damaged hardware. You may quickly resolve the Lenovo Laptop Keyboard Not Working problem with one of the methods below.
You May Also Like:
How To Replace Laptop Hard Drive And Reinstall Operating System
11 Best Gaming Laptops Under $2000
How to Connect Nintendo Switch to Laptop?
Method 1: Turn Off the Filter Keys:
- First of all, go to the “Control Panel” of your laptop and choose “Ease of Access,” and press on the “Center” button, and select the “Make the Keyboard Simpler To Access” tab.
- At last, you will need to uncheck the option “Switch Off Filter Keys” situated under the “Make it Simpler To Type” option.
- Now, choose the “Apply” and “OK” tab and press on them to verify and save the modifications.
Method 2: Reinstall Keyboard Driver:
- First of all, open the laptop, go to the “Device” and mention “Device Manager,” and press on it.
- After opening it, search and press on the “Keyboards” category.
- Now, press on the keyboard driver and select “Uninstall device” comes under the context menu.
- Now, you will see the dialog box for verification. Mark the “Remove the Driver Software For This Device” option and hit the “OK” button.
- After uninstalling the keyboard driver, go back to “Device Manager,” and press on the “Action” tab, and choose “Scan For Hardware Changes,” and apply changes.
Method 3: Check for Latest Updates:
If the Windows 7, 8, and 10 system update has not been installed for such a long duration, then it is likely to encounter some issues like the Lenovo laptop keyboard is not working issue.
- Go to the Lenovo laptop’s Settings app, and choose the “Update & Security” tab.
- Then, press on the “Check for Updates” button available on the main screen and allow Windows to find the latest updates and install them on your laptop or computer.
Method 4: Restart the Laptop:
- A normal restart many fix various hardware problems. So, reboot your laptop and then evaluate if the problem is fixed or not.
- Restart your laptop after resetting the time and date. Now you may access the keyboard on a Lenovo laptop.
- If resetting time and date does not solve your issue, then you must try some other methods.
To solve a Lenovo keyboard is not working issue; there are many different methods you need to follow. You may also access an external Keyboard or change it with a new one. If you have any queries or doubts about fixing Lenovo Laptop Keyboard Not Working, don’t hesitate to leave comments in the below-stated comment box.